- Sign up
Pursuant to the following Membership Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"), our company (the “Company”) provides services (the "Services") that allow registered users to download the English version of the Safety Data Sheet (the “SDS”) and/or Technical Data Sheet (the “TDS”) for Company products.
The rights and obligations of users when using the Services are stipulated in the Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully before registering as a member. By clicking the "Accept and Register as a Member" button, you confirm that you agree to all of the Terms and Conditions.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Article 1 (Members)
- 1. "Member" means a user who has agreed to the Terms and Conditions for the purpose of using the Services and has registered as a Member.
- 2. "Membership Information" means information disclosed by a Member to the Company such as the affiliation, name, e-mail address, etc. of the Member and history of transactions conducted between the Company and the Member.
- 3. The Terms and Conditions shall apply to all Members and shall be complied with upon and after registration as a Member.
Article 2 (Registration)
1. Membership Qualification
- (1) Only users who belong to companies, groups or NPOs (including universities) related to research and manufacturing of cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and products made from oils can register as Members. Please note that you may not be accepted or your membership may stand terminated if you do not satisfy the above conditions.
- (2) Users who agree to the Terms and Conditions and apply for membership in the prescribed manner are eligible to become members after completing the prescribed membership registration form and procedures. You must complete the registration procedure by yourself. Registration by proxy is not permitted. Please note that the Company may refuse membership applications from users whose membership has been revoked in the past or users whom the Company has determined to be inappropriate.
2. Membership Information Entry
- When completing the membership registration procedure, please read the instructions carefully and fill out the required information on the prescribed entry form.
3. Password Management
- (1) The password may only be used by the member himself/herself and may not be shared or disclosed to a third party;
- (2) You are responsible for managing your own password, such as periodically changing it so that your account can remain secure; and
- (3) Any manifestation of intention made to the Company by using the password shall be deemed to be the manifestation of intention of the said Member himself/herself, and the Member shall be liable for any payment, etc. arising therefrom.
Article 3 (Amendment)
- 1. If there is any change in the membership information notified to the Company, a Member shall promptly notify the Company by electromagnetic means.
- 2. The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred due to non-registration of change of membership information. Please note that even the Member registers a change in the membership information, transactions that have already been processed before the registration of the change will be based on the information provided before the registration of change.
Article 4 (Withdrawal)
- If a Member wishes to withdraw his/her membership, the Member shall notify the Company himself/herself and their membership will be terminated after the completion of the prescribed withdrawal procedures.
Article 5 (Loss of Membership and Obligation of Compensation)
- 1. If the Member has made a false declaration at the time of applying for membership, or if there are reasons that the Company deems it inappropriate for such a person to become a Member, the Company may cancel their membership;
- 2. If a Member does any of the acts set forth in the following items, he/she shall be liable to compensate for any damage incurred by the Company as a result of such an act:
- (1) Unauthorized use of passwords;
- (2) Obstructing the Company's business operations by falsifying information of the Company by accessing the Company’s website; or installing any harmful computer viruses through the website;
- (3) Infringing the intellectual property rights of the Company and damaging or tarnishing the brand value of the products handled by the Company; and
- (4) Violation of the Terms and Conditions.
Article 6 (Handling of Membership Information)
- 1. In principle, the Company will not disclose any Membership Information to a third party without the prior consent of the Member. However, in any of the following cases, the Company may disclose the Member information without the Member's prior consent:
- (1) When required by a court, administrative agency or financial institution, or if required to do so by law or regulation of financial institution commodity exchange;
- (2) When the Company deems it necessary for the protection of the Company's rights, interests, reputation, etc.;
- (3) When providing for the purpose of commissioning all or part of the handling of Membership Information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use set forth in the Company's “Handling of Personal Information”;
- (4) Using jointly with the person set forth in "Specific Joint Use" under "Handling of Personal Information" of the Company; or
- (5) Cases in which membership information is processed and provided in a state in which the Member cannot be identified as an individual;
Article 7 (Prohibited Actions)
- When using the Services, Members are prohibited from conducting the following acts:
- (1) Violating laws, regulations, Terms and Conditions, not taking adequate precautions for using the Services;
- (2) Causing damage, violating any right, interest, reputation, etc. of the Company or any other third party;
- (3) Conducting any act that may adversely affect the mind and body of a youth or any other act that violates public order and morals;
- (4) Act of causing nuisance or discomfort to other users or third parties;
- (5) Entering false information;
- (6) Sending or writing harmful computer programs, e-mails, etc.;
- (7) Unauthorized access to the Company's servers or other computers;
- (8) Sharing or disclosing the password to a third party; and
- (9) Any other act which the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 8 (Suspension or Discontinuation of the Services)
- In order to provide the Services in an efficient manner, the Company may suspend or terminate all or parts of the Services without notice when:
- (1) It is necessary for routine or emergency maintenance of the system;
- (2) The load is heavily concentrated on the system;
- (3) The operation of the system becomes difficult due to fire, power failure, obstruction by a third party, etc.; or
- (4) In other cases where the Company deems that it is unavoidable to control the system.
Article 9 (Change or Abolition of the Services)
- The Company may change or abolish all or part of the Services at its discretion without prior notice.
Article 10 (Disclaimer)
- 1. The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to a Member due to system interruption, delay, loss of data, and/or unauthorized access to data, or any other damage caused to a Member with regard to the Company’s Services;
- 2. The Company does not warrant that e-mail sent from the Company, web pages, servers, or domains does not contain computer viruses or any other harmful material; and
- 3. The Company will not be liable for any damage arising from a Member's violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 11 (Revision of the Terms and Conditions)
- The Company may amend the Terms and Conditions at its discretion, and may establish supplementary terms in addition to these Terms and Conditions of the Company ("Supplementary Terms"). Such Supplementary Terms shall become effective when they are posted on the website designated by the Company. In such a case, the Member shall comply with the amended Terms and Conditions and Supplementary Terms.
Article 12 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.